Saturday 11 February 2012

I am not a Factory - I LOVE Making Jewellery

Factories don't have that personal touch, which I love in items of craft. The handmade aspect is beautiful and an attractive quality to me.
A jewellery maker has paid attention to every single detail and personally chosen and attached each bead and bent each piece of wire. A little bit of the maker's personality shows in every creation. You know what she finds beautiful and if you find it beautiful too then you have something in common with her. You connect with that item and the maker.
Why choose to buy a special item that has been mass produced and pumped out of factories when there is a whole world of artists out there who truly love what they make and this shows in every single piece they lovingly create?
I do not just make jewellery to make money. I started making jewellery for me, because I love it. I never thought I could actually love it so much. I want to do this forever. I want to share it with you. I smile at the thought of someone wearing something I have made because they like it. I want to grow and develop and become a well known jewellery artist. That is my goal and my passion.

Are you an artist? do you feel the same?
Do you love to own handmade items? What makes you choose a hand-crafted item over a mass produced one?

Take care - Chloe Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment